Mentor system or mentoring in Ragnarok M Eternal love is a really nice feature of the game to reward players with experience in helping newbies of the game. This will cover information on how to become a Mentor and starting guiding other players around.
- Any character with Base Level of at least 85.
- The mentor can only get up to 3 students at a time.
- Kicking a student will lock your character to accept new students within the next 24 hours.
- A newly added student can graduate after 3 days.
- Even if a a student is already level 85, he cannot become a mentor until he graduates or get kicked by the mentor.
Benefits for the students:
- Students can be buffed with Adventure guide everyday. This give the student a 170% exp boost!
- Guardian scroll will give the students +20 stats to all attributes. You cannot use this to students that are already on transcend job.
Benefits of the mentor:
- You will get medals that you can use to exchange for items like Guild’s Gift which provides 25 contribution per piece.
- You can get up to 120 mins of bonus combat time from students grinding if you have a valid premium. It’s computed as 30% of combat time used by students. You don’t have to be in party with them. You just have to be near them to get the extra combat time. (Credit to Pempem for the information he/she commented here)
- Student 1 played for 100 mins, mentor will get extra 30 minutes of combat time.
- Student 2 played for 200 minutes, mentor will receive extra 60 minutes
- Student 3 played for 300 minutes, mentor will receive extra 30 minutes only since the maximum per day is 120 minutes in total.
Basic Rules for the bonus combat time to mentors.
- Mentor will get affected whether he’s on combat fatigue or not.
- You will get 1 minute for every 3 minutes students are in combat.
- You don’t have to be in the same party with them.
- It is limited to 120 minutes only.
- You have to be within few meters radius from your student. (Input needed on how many meters away)
- You can gain from 3 of them at the same time making it faster to get extra combat time.
- You can still gain from students even if they are already in combat fatigue.
- Pet adventure will not be counted in combat time used by the students.
- Using chain will not speed up the time to get the bonuses.
- Ceasing relationship with a mentor or a student will result to 24 hours penalty to who ever left.
- I’m not sure if this is a bug or not but, if you take the combat time from the students before going to the music box, the combat time from the music box will not work anymore.
Here’s a walk through of me becoming a mentor.